PDA

View Full Version : Passport and weight

chsn
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Just a simple question I guess. I'm Canadian if that makes it different. Anyway, I'm applying for my first passport, because I'm only 18, and don't have one yet. But as I looked over the forms I realized that you have to put your weight. Now, it also has a box you check swearing that whatever you said is true. Is it okay to lie about weight on a passport ? My mom will definately be seeing it, and she can't keep anything to herself. I'd prefer if my weight wasn't spread around, but I guess lying about it is the only way to make it better right ?

Wagimawr
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Actually, if you lie about weight for the purposes of a passport for plane travel, and you're actually much heavier, then when you board the plane, it may be a more dangerous trip because of the heavier weight than they should have.

Being honest with yourself, and with anybody who gives a shit what the weight blank on any sort of form says, can save lives.

;)

djewell
06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Just a simple question I guess. I'm Canadian if that makes it different. Anyway, I'm applying for my first passport, because I'm only 18, and don't have one yet. But as I looked over the forms I realized that you have to put your weight. Now, it also has a box you check swearing that whatever you said is true. Is it okay to lie about weight on a passport ? My mom will definately be seeing it, and she can't keep anything to herself. I'd prefer if my weight wasn't spread around, but I guess lying about it is the only way to make it better right ?

remember weight is just a number. admitting it in a box on a form? Here's some tough love: get over it and put it down. you'll feel much better afterwards.

Lady at Large
06-15-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't personally know any woman who doesn't have a lie on her driver's license, I think that it's par for the course...granted I don't get out much.

But, yes being honest is good too.

SamanthaNY
06-16-2007, 06:57 AM
You can probably fudge it by 20 pounds or so... but really, lying on a gummint form just isn't wise.

Sounds like this is more an issue with your mom, and not the passport - so deal with her and be honest on the form.

EtobicokeFA
06-16-2007, 07:10 AM
I had to renew my Canadian passport as well, and I just put a ballpark figure in as well. It's like the weight on your drivers license, no one is going to weight you, and arrest you if it doesn't match!:rolleyes:

ThatFatGirl
06-16-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm applying for my US issued passport this morning and just looked at a friend's the other day. It would seem the US passport doesn't include weight. This makes me happy.

LillyBBBW
06-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm applying for my US issued passport this morning and just looked at a friend's the other day. It would seem the US passport doesn't include weight. This makes me happy.

Yes, I just mailed mine in for renewal and didn't notice any requests for my weight on the form. I don't recall being asked for it on my previous application either. A passport is supposed to be good for 10 years. Any weight you put down in the beginning probably wouldn't be relevant by then anyway.

PolarKat
06-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Don't play more than 10-15lbs if you plan or flying to the states.. many US customs agents have become neurotic, and if they spot an inconsistancy on your passport you'll find yourself detained for several hours.

Ruby Ripples
06-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I imagine it depends on what weight you actually are. If you are 170lbs it would be much harder to shave 20lbs off your weight. However at 360 like I am, I could probably shave 40lbs off and most people wouldn't know the difference. It's a shame your mother has to see the form since she can't keep quiet and it worries you, but if you are 18, I don't see why she has to. If you pay for it yourself, and get a copy of your birth certificate, you can do it on your own and not go via your mum at all. I think that's what I would do. If you don't have your birth cert, you can get a copy for a reasonable fee.

I know what my mother was like about my weight -nasty. If I thought she would then talk about it in a disparaging way to others, I would definitely have got my own passport. Not because I was ashamed of my weight, but because Id rather not have had my mother given a reason to spread more bile.

BigCutieSasha
06-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I was going to say I have a passport from when I was 17 and I'm using it again 8 years later and I have gained a significant amount of weight since then. I was afraid I was going to be way over the weight I first put. But I just looked over it and I guess it never asked for weight. I would think they would have put that, but I guess for an American passport its different.

AnnMarie
06-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I just can't imagine lying over something like that on a government form. Just put your weight down, why play that game for something like that. I'm sorry your Mom is trouble in that area, but if you're fat, she already knows. The number doesn't change that.

chsn
06-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah, you guys are probably right. I've never told anyone in my family any actual numbers, and from the clothes I wear, I just look like a very big person, not necessarily fat, if that makes any sense. I know it shouldn't be such a big deal, but my world is pretty small at the moment, and I hate that I'll be a conversation piece in my family behind my back.

Ruby Ripples
06-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, you guys are probably right. I've never told anyone in my family any actual numbers, and from the clothes I wear, I just look like a very big person, not necessarily fat, if that makes any sense. I know it shouldn't be such a big deal, but my world is pretty small at the moment, and I hate that I'll be a conversation piece in my family behind my back.

That is what I took from your post. So, as I said, buy your own passport and nobody needs to know, if you don't want them to. Your weight would only be on the form Im sure, not the actual passport.

chsn
06-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I guess that's what I need to do. I love your blog by the way Ruby, haha.

Aurora
06-17-2007, 11:47 AM
If you get bugged about it, just say "I like to eat." :D

Lady at Large
06-17-2007, 01:00 PM
If your family is like mine, you ALREADY are a topic of conversation...lol I am the oldest of five girls and we LOVE to chat...mmm hmmm. :\

Good luck in what you decide.

Butterbelly
06-17-2007, 06:27 PM
There is no weight on my passport....or my new NC driver's license.

chsn
06-17-2007, 07:32 PM
There is no weight on my passport....or my new NC driver's license.

Haha, well lucky you. As far as I've heard it won't show on the passport. My worry was everyone that will be looking over my forms to verify that everything is true. I'm not even sure if I can get one alone because I have no car, and it's nowhere near walking distance. Also the mail takes 10 weeks or so to deliver a passport, and I need one much, much faster than that.

I'm just worried because I always keep to myself, and don't have much of an open and talkative deal with my family. Maybe I was traumatized about weight after several public embarassments ... in any case, it's not the end of the world, but it'd really suck.

moniquessbbw
06-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I don't personally know any woman who doesn't have a lie on her driver's license, I think that it's par for the course...granted I don't get out much.

I think I am the only woman I know who had the correct weight on my license. :bow: The woman at the DMV thought it was a mistake and asked me a few times if it was correct.

Fuzzy Necromancer
06-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Being truthful about your weight can be important for medical reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JvH0G8FEY

volatile
06-19-2007, 01:30 PM
My license is so off. lol I haven't updated the weight since I was 18, so like 8 years ago and even then I shaved about 50lbs off. I know whenever I go to renew my license & I say nothing has changed they look at my like "uh huh, right...." lmao

Never had a passport though, however I think that would be more iportant at getting as acurate as possible, for safety reasons if anything.

Teddy Bear
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, I'm not the least bit embarrassed over my size and weight, so I tell the truth on a driver's license.

I'm actually proud of my weight, at 5 ft. 6 in. and 385 pounds.

LillyBBBW
06-20-2007, 05:51 AM
My license is so off. lol I haven't updated the weight since I was 18, so like 8 years ago and even then I shaved about 50lbs off. I know whenever I go to renew my license & I say nothing has changed they look at my like "uh huh, right...." lmao

Never had a passport though, however I think that would be more iportant at getting as acurate as possible, for safety reasons if anything.

Driver's licenses in Massachusetts don't require weight information. Not sure why though.

Aurora
06-20-2007, 03:00 PM
There's talk about taking the weight requirement off all licenses due to the fact that so many people lie (and because weight can fluctuate so much over time).

Looks like Massachusetts already has. :)

T'Rina-MsXXL
06-21-2007, 12:17 AM

My lie isn't my weight (that was right at the time I got it)
I lie about being a redhead