PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gained and regretted it?

DrFeeder
06-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Apropos of CrystalFA's recent thread ("I'm SO conflicted!!! Part of me wants SO BADLY to get fat...But another part of me is so scared..." etc.), has anyone here gained weight and regretted it?

I'm not talking about gaining weight because you were underweight to begin with, or gaining without intending to.

I mean purposely overeating to become overweight or to become more overweight than you were before.

I really haven't heard of anyone doing that and regretting it...but there must be some who have! Hello? Are you out there?

Also, are there any who have felt conflicted like CrystalFA does who have gone ahead and gained despite their fears and found that their fears were groundless?

Looking forward to your stories,

Dr. Feeder

CrystalFA
06-23-2007, 06:28 PM
THANK YOU, Dr. Feeder!!! I really appreciate that.

I would LOVE to hear from these folks.

I really enjoy reading people's letters to you and your responses to them.

Sincerely,

Crystal
:)

chrisb_2516
06-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Great question, Dr. Feeder! We always read about the upside of people's gain, but there has to be people out there who feel differently. I'm always a fan of hearing both sides of a story.

philosobear
06-24-2007, 05:22 AM
good thread...trouble is, those who've been involved in dims with relation to gaining probably dissapear as part of kicking the habit...just a guess

exile in thighville
06-24-2007, 07:00 AM
check the fat pride thread, one guy said he regretted it and is diabetic now.

BothGunsBlazing
06-24-2007, 09:12 AM
actually, yes. I did .. and I didn't like it. I don't know. I had always thought about it when I was a little kid .. but I was always pretty athletic .. until I graduated High School and all .. then I sort of let myself get into it. I actually got pretty big .. like 280lbs .. when I graduated I was like 180 and that was in about 4yrs. I just wasn't at all into my body, but I felt sort of stuck in some kind of crazy limbo between fat and thin .. I never felt really quite fat, but def. not thin.

I was in gainer purgatory! so, I figured .. I need to make a decision to go either way .. so now I'm down to 220lbs and I think I'll continue losing .. but I was really quite into gaining .. I even did the whole before and after pix thing.

I didn't really want to lose because of my comments that friends and family made .. I guess I got really out of shape and wasn't used to it .. and I don't think my body ever really adjusted to all the weight I had gained .. I felt very lethargic all the time. So.. there ya go.

pickleman357
06-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Personally, I regretted loosing it. I have aboslutely no need to be skinny. Anything physical that I do, I end up injuring myself. When I was 'skinny' I didn't feel complete at all, something was missing from me. I felt shy and small and it just wasn't right.
So now that I'm big again, I couldn't be happier and I plan to put on more weight, not too much, 270-280lbs sounds good for me. Just so I can be soft, but can still be phsycal enough to help carry couches up the stairs.

Also, gaining weight doesn't mean you should everything made of sugar that you can your hands on. Eat healthy first, then have some treats to wash down that salad. If you eat a lot and still do something physical and you're not gaining weight, then that's the weight your body wants to be at. Be healthy first, and then be big IMO.

Wagimawr
06-24-2007, 11:11 AM
If you eat a lot and still do something physical and you're not gaining weight, then that's the weight your body wants to be at. Be healthy first, and then be big IMO.
That's what I've always thought - ditto for those on the other end of the spectrum: if you eat healthy and do something physical and you're not losing weight, then you're no longer "too fat", at least I wouldn't think.

marlowegarp
06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Actually, I gained and regretted it. I'm pretty HWP right now, about 5'11 and 180. I got up to about 220 in high school and didn't like it. I didn't really acknowledge until recently that it was partly intentional. I was pretty miserable in high school, so I definitely fell back on food a lot, but I definitely noticed it and for a while enjoyed it. I've always liked bigger women and enjoyed fatness in others, so I suppose I thought it only seemed right to try it myself. After a while, being out of breath and a lot of the crap people take for being bigger got to me. I definitely am aware of it when I tell others I appreciate their size now.

On the other hand, I also had a total crap diet, so I wasn't just fatter, I was probably vitamin deficient. I might not mind being heavier again, and I totally love eating, but with all my current running around it's not likely to repeat itself. I do share a birthday with Orson Welles, though so if I can just create my masterpiece I can let myself go...

exile in thighville
06-24-2007, 02:51 PM
personally, i've gained a little unintentionally, and i started doing 80 crunches every day because i want the opposites-attract effect back in our relationship. it's a real casual thing though; even if i don't lose any of it, my endurance has gotten better in bed. i'm not unhappy with how i look, but i know i eat like shit and will be unhappy with how i look later. i don't like how a big gut looks on my small frame...my belly's the only place i gain. if i had a broad frame and i looked natural and not pregnant i wouldn't be even bothering. trying to go from 160 to 140, when my belly was just right.

Miklosanin
06-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I've gained a few times in my life, but my build is extremely small and the extra weight looks really bad. My face gets very crowded in and the rest of the weight lands in my gut and, embarrassingly, my ass. About six years ago I went from 150 to 210 in less than a year, but I completely destroyed my skin in the process. I lost the weight in about a year, and then later gained again up into the 180s. Losing that weight went a really bad direction and I wound up at a skeletal 123 pounds (I'm a 5'10 male). Currently I'm about 145, give or take, but I'm not in very good shape at all. I've also shot my digestive system due to the binging-starving pattern. Despite everything, including really disliking my appearance when fatter, I can't get rid of the desire to gain (I'd rather have it be someone else, but I'm perpetually single so...well, I guess I fulfill the desire myself) so I'll over-eat and wind up sick. It's a total mess, I'm wired to be thin as a rail and I need to accept that!

Reads4Work
06-24-2007, 11:49 PM
I used to date a fitness trainer, and my weight was 175. I'm 5'10", male. After we stopped seeing each other I began eating a lot of the stuff I had denied myself, although it was mainly eating larger meals and more of them. Within I think about six months I had gotten up to 240. The regret wasn't about the weight gain, but it was the weight gain by myself. I kind of equate it with drinking alone. Probably some social acceptance thing. And today, even though I really haven't lost any of the weight, it would be nice to meet a woman who likes her guy on the big size, and this be someone where we just click. I think that to gain past where I'm at I'd have to have someone there that would relish in the growth, and also probably help fend off comments.

stillblessed23
07-13-2007, 05:23 PM
This iquestion kinda describes the story of my life. I don't as much now as I did when I was younger, but there were many times when I felt conflicted even regretted what I was doing. I had always loved fat, ever since I was little as I have stated in other post. I knew by the age of 10, that I wanted to be fat just like the pictures I drew, and I was really big into pillow stuffing my clothes, I wanted that to really be part of me, I wanted to be that way. So I got little odd jobs around my apartment building so I could have money to by food after school.
I would try to get in as much as I could before my aunt got home for dinner time, and then have dinner. My parents didn't know what was going on or how I was gaining so much weight, but I loved it. I guess it didn't even register to me how big I was getting until I was 230 lbs 5'5 in the sixth grade lol. Kids can be cruel and of course they would say hey how come your so fat now, you used to be pretty. I think that was the first time I started regretting it, I hated how my uniform (ugh catholic school) was fitting wierd and ppl would make fun, or how my little thighs would rub together when I walked, not to mention that combined with puberty, which I'm sure helped my weight soar, I was 270 lbs in the 8th grade, or grade 8 for my canadian fam reading this!! It just my my middle school life hell. My aunt made me join weight watchers with her at 16 and I was 5'8 296 lbs. I was so conflicted because by this point in my life I had just learned about the whole feederism community and I was so excited that I wasn't the only person in the world to think like I do.
Eventually I gave in to the diet, ppl at school started to notice, boys started to notice, my family was so "proud" of me. I went down to 230 lbs by about 10 months later. And I kept it off until college in summer 2004. I guess once I got away from my aunt I went whole hog with the eating lol. I mean I think I ate every form of junk food I had been missing since 2002 lol. It was around this time too that I had first saw gaining goddess on VH1 totally obsessed. I think she was a big inspiration to me because I really admired her. At the same time though I was thinking I can't gain all this weight back my life will be terrible again. Regardless, I got back to 307 lbs by 2006 and I was once again conflicted because my doctor kept warning me if I din't loose weight I wouldn't be able to have kids, and that is defintitely something I want in the future. So then the whole thing was, I gotta put these rediculous fantasies aside because I want to have children in the near future like within the next 6 years.
It was october of 06 when I think I finally accepted that I am meant to be fat, and I am still very capable of doing the same things I would do at 230 at my current weight now of 345. I am going to try to steady my weight at 350 because I figure if I do have fertility problems like my doctor says I will I could try to loose some, plus I always told myself I would not ever let myself get higher than 350 before I got married. We all know how hard it is to go against what society says is right and ppl still look at me like I'm nuts when I say I don't mind being fat, like poor thing she's in denial. Other than my BP being a little high from time to time, and my doctors infertility theory, which is solely based on my weight, I am pretty much healthy, I stay active, I am a waitress so I have to be. I have learned to accept myself through the years, and althought I wish more of my fat would go to my lower half of my body lol I am starting to accept the fact that I am not crazy, or evil, or possesed, lol or lonely, or depressed, or any of the other reasons that ppl will say about a person who enjoys being fat. I probably will try to stay under 350 and I know that If my mobility ever became an issue I would diet no matter how much it hurt me, but Homestly as long as I keep exercising I think I'll be fine.

Sorry my post is so long didn't want to give you the story of my life just something I have been wanting to share for a while.

-Shelly

marlowegarp
07-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually, I though that was touching and interesting. A friend recently put it to me that when you have children you stop being the star of your own life. I think most people don't have to make the transition in terms of sacrificing the ability to gain, but there's definitely a sacrifice for most people.

stillblessed23
07-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Actually, I though that was touching and interesting. A friend recently put it to me that when you have children you stop being the star of your own life. I think most people don't have to make the transition in terms of sacrificing the ability to gain, but there's definitely a sacrifice for most people.

Exactly marlowegarp, that's how I feel. Family is VERY important to me as it is to many of us I'm sure, for that reason I would put any desire I ever had or will have aside and it is hard to do because it is truly a burning desire. I know a lot of ppl who have had children at 250 even 300 lbs but it was hard for them to concieve and most of their children where premature. I think as I get older I am starting to think less about me and more about my family and future family. I want to be healthy I don't want to die young but I honestly don't think being fat is the only factor that contributes to a person's failed health. Thanks for your input on my post.

ChubbyBlackSista
07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey
I gained weight but I don't regret it its the other way around my parents are really on my back about putting on so much weight well when you're out of college and you have no job that happens thats why I'm taking two gym classes for the Fall Semester of 2007 and a 03 credit class to make it to 5 credits and I can be done with college and start my life. But yeah I never regretted it not one bit