View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
hmm, that would be interesting... being an object of attraction here at Dims. You sure know how to flatter a queer, Cors.
My Achilles' heel. *sighs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
When I was 16, I had a best friend. I confessed to a mutual friend that I had a girl crush on my best friend. That mutual friend, jealous of my relationship with her, told her I was a lesbian and I wanted to sleep with her, which resulted in a very loud, very public rejection and humiliation of me by the girl I'd thought was my best friend. In my ultra-conservative, ultra-right-wing, ultra-rich high school, this was a death sentence for me. I was already hated and treated like crap because I was fat, but now they had yet another reason to ostracize me. They were absolutely hateful. In my panicky 16 year old way I kept telling people I wasn't a lesbian, but of course in typical high school style, they all just kept the rumor going, and kept pushing me into the mud, throwing cherry bombs at my feet, laughing at me in the hallways, shoving me, etc.

They had moved on to just going back to teasing me and beating me up because of my fat when I decided to go to a local hippie shop and buy a patch for my backpack. I bought a pretty rainbow one.

An uncharacteristcally kind person took me aside and explained what it meant, and that I might want to take it off my backpack. It was too late; the rumors had started all over again.

Did I mention I HATE 99.9% of the people I went to high school with?

I think that even if I wasn't attracted to girls in the way I am, I would still be very much a GLBTQ ally for having experienced exactly how ridiculously STUPID and hateful people can be just because of who they think you're attracted to.
That sounds so extreme and I am so sorry you had to go through that! Girls can be so unkind.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote