View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:12 AM   #13
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Yeah, i got your point but im not sure its true. As a lesbian i think ssbbws are more than ok! I think perhaps the feeling of not belonging comes more from the fact there are fewer ssbbws anywhere in the UK, not just the queer community.
I think if more ssbbws actually participated and stayed long enough in the queer community they would be loved and accepted like the rest.
Have you had any bad experiences here on the Uk queer scene? Or are you talking about before you came here?
I'm not just talking about the UK though. I have expeirenced this in the queer community as a whole. And I know there are women who would find me attractive, and that's cool, but as a whole community, supersized people, say 400lbs plus are rarely welcomed with open arms. That's all.

And for what it is worth, I haven't been to a gay club since I've been here, but I have had friends smaller than me who have and got rude comments. At least a gay bar is safeish in the states.

My point is getting lost. I don't know how to find it.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote