View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #19
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Ok. Now that I am home from work, rested a bit and well fed...let me try to reiterate.

There is a group for fat lesbians called NOLOSE. National Organization for Lesbians of Size. That screams fat queers accepted right?!?! I had a friend go, who is near my size and she said she felt out of the circle and not accepted. So I know I am not imagining things.

Yes I feel more pushed to the side in the queer community than I do everywhere else. And this is before I got married to a man. This is before I moved to the UK. It's just how I have experienced it and I have been a part of the queer community in the bay area California and in Boise Idaho.

I find that lesbians LOVE curve and big tits, but when it comes to big bellies, they aren't so keen.

I'm not sure how it is for men. I assume the same, but I can never know for sure because I am not a supersized man.

I know without a doubt that I am not alone in my feelings of being pushed out of the queer community because of my size and I started this thread here at Dimensions to see if there was anyone like me, Supersized and struggling to be accepted in a community that supposedly accepts big women, but it appears there isn't.
Sorry you feel like that. I wonder why the queer community should be any less accepting of ssbbws than the 'straight community??'
I imagine its because there isnt really a 'straight community' its just everyone else in the world who isnt queer really. I think proportionatly there are probably as many lesbians who like ssbbw as Hetro males. There are of course more hetro males in the world than lesbians so it might seem that way.
I remember going on the no-lose web site ages ago just to vote for one of my friends in some queer beauty thing ages ago and remember thinking the website was rubbish so never went back. My friend was well over 400lbs and she said she had an amazing time at the convention and hooked up with a woman. (and i think got a few phone numbers too).
I understand that you say you have felt that lesbians like big boobs and curves but not big bellies, what i'm wondering is, is that strictly a 'lesbian' thing? I know (in my real life and not on line many of my friends like curvy women but not neccissarily really big women and this goes for both my hetro male friends and my lesbian and bi friends). Bellies are my favorite! I think people who dont like them must be very mentally ill! lol. This is my preference though.
When i think about it, i think the definitions of ssbbw might be different here. I have seen/met lots of what i would consider ssbbw's in gay pubs and clubs and they get just as much luvin as thin women and smaller bbws. By ssbbw i usually mean about 24 stone upwards. Though i admit i have very rarely met anyone over (i am crap at guessing weight but at my estimation..) about 30ish stone.
Maby the larger ssbbws just arnt going out on the scene here or maby there are just less larger ssbbws in the U.K.