View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #24
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
That's interesting. Maybe one's ethnicity has something to do with it as well. I know hella chubby and fat black lesbians...some even prefer to date a fatty as well. I will say though for me, honestly...my being fat takes a backseat to the discrimination of being lesbian AND black. Just how I look at things. I've never gotten flack for being fat so maybe that's why. However, I've been questioned about what it is that I do for a living since I happen to live in an area that is mostly white and I've recieved some stares when out and about with my masculine partner...so my experience is a tad different.
Racism might have something to do with it. Where I work, most of the women are white and/or jewish. There are few minorities. At NWSA there were many ethinc groups represented. That they were so apathetic made me feel like size was the first thing they see since it's something that they ignore, you know what I mean?
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote