View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #22
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I seem to be obsessing on Link Wray these days. Just love that gritty sound. He's definitely an original, noted to have influenced the likes of Hendrix, Townshend and Jeff Beck. Besides, anyone who can get an instrumental banned from radio is OK in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The menacing sound of "Rumble" (and its title) led to a ban on several radio stations, a rare feat for a song with no lyrics, on the grounds that it glorified juvenile delinquency.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDwjW...eature=channel

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote