View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #51
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEeyedBanshee View Post
I confess that my role as sounding board for my daughter's friends has changed. They all sort of treat me like their adopted mother. I feel pretty honored to be given this role.

However, I also confess that it upsets (saddens) me that their bio-mothers aren't able to give them the love/support/advice that they should be giving them just because of their sexual orientation.
I think a lot of teenagers don't go to their parents for support or advice in general, but especially about relationships, regardless of orientation. In many groups of friends I've heard of that phenomenon where one Mom (usually) becomes the sounding post for a lot of the kids. My wife says it was this way with her Mom.

I'd imagine that teens may feel even more that they can't talk to their parents about it when there are issues like sexual orientation in play (for that matter one of the reasons I never talked to my parents about it was that one of my biggest internal conflicts was with regards to being an FA, which I was not willing to talk with them about, but I don't know that I would have talked with them about it regardless).

Aside from that, I'm glad that they have found they can talk with you! And I don't know if it was intentional, but the way you wrote that, it sounds like almost all your daughter's friends are having sexual orientation issues?!?