View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #52
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEeyedBanshee View Post
I confess that my role as sounding board for my daughter's friends has changed. They all sort of treat me like their adopted mother. I feel pretty honored to be given this role.

However, I also confess that it upsets (saddens) me that their bio-mothers aren't able to give them the love/support/advice that they should be giving them just because of their sexual orientation.
Kudos to you though. Teens need to have understanding and a pillar of support so its great you can provide that for them.

I guess I count myself blessed. Both of my parents never gave me any grief or words of condemnation because I'm lesbian. And as time goes on, I think they are even more comfortable with it (I came out in highschool). When I was dating my mother would ask about my dates, help me pick out my outfit, etc.

Now, it's like she's basically adopted my partner. When I go visit, the first question is usually about my partner if she's not in tow. She and my father have gotten pretty close as well; he really likes that she takes an interest in fishing since that's one of his life passions. They actually sit on the couch and watch dvds of pro bass fishing sometimes... Why oh why would anyone watch that stuff, but at the same time its sort of cute. In a lot of ways she reminds me of my Daddy.