View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #56
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEeyedBanshee View Post
I confess that my role as sounding board for my daughter's friends has changed. They all sort of treat me like their adopted mother. I feel pretty honored to be given this role.

However, I also confess that it upsets (saddens) me that their bio-mothers aren't able to give them the love/support/advice that they should be giving them just because of their sexual orientation.
How did your daughter's friends find out that you are not homophobic and start confiding in you? Did they come out to your daughter first or did it just happen? I wish I had an adult to talk to when I was coming out but didn't know who would be receptive. I ended up going to a seemingly open-minded acquaintance who identifies as a feminist (I used to think that all feminists are okay with lesbians) and she was unpleasant about it all.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote