View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #59
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
How did your daughter's friends find out that you are not homophobic and start confiding in you? Did they come out to your daughter first or did it just happen? I wish I had an adult to talk to when I was coming out but didn't know who would be receptive. I ended up going to a seemingly open-minded acquaintance who identifies as a feminist (I used to think that all feminists are okay with lesbians) and she was unpleasant about it all.
The first one was kind of funny. Her one friend ended up sitting with me during a movie because it was a crowded theatre. It was before my daughter even came out. Well my daughter had told me that this friend of hers was a lesbian and I honestly think nothing of it. So she was talking to me before the movie started. She is a very straight forward type of girl. She asked me if I was an open minded person. I told her I was. She then talked to me how her father had raised her pagan Then she slipped in something about her girlfriend. And from there, the conversation was just open between us. She was raised by her father and had 2 different step mothers in her 15 years at that point. Anyway, from that day forward she knew she could talk to me. Months later my daughter came out to me and the rest is history. I think possibly my daughter told her friends and possibly her other friend might have said something about me being open to talk to, etc.

Now I get them texting me all the time or just coming over to hang out or whatever. I help with college choices. I listen to them when their hearts get broken or when they're mad at anyone. I look at their pictures. I have also been let into seeing some of their Fanfiction stuff. And a few of them don't think twice about calling me at all hours, and know that I'll listen if they need an ear. And that's something I've told them when they started talking to me. That no matter what they can call me and I'll listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I wish i had someone like you to talk to when i was comming out. i had just turned 15 and it felt like my mum suddenly just hated me. Think we should start a comming out thred here. Whenever i talk about it though i cry, need a cuddle and then feel awfully self indulgent and silly.. cause it was half my lifetime ago.. it still really messes me up though..I feel so sorry for Young people comming out. It just seems so crazy to react so badly to love.
I'm so sorry mer. That's horrible, and it still is the way some folks react. I don't get it. When my daughter came out to me she was 15. It was on the way to hockey practice and it was just pretty uneventful. The changes afterward are what were remarkable to me. Before she came out for about 2 years she had withdrawn from me so much. She didn't talk to me like she used to and I chalked it up to her being a moody teenager. When she told me she liked girls (using her words) everything went back to normal. She shares just about everything with me. So I'm buried under silly Youtube videos and drawn into playing video games (again) and all that I was missing for the 2 years. I am so happy I have my daughter back. I love her, and can't imagine not.

Last edited by BLUEeyedBanshee; 03-21-2009 at 10:26 AM.
BLUEeyedBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote