View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #17
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Crazygrad, thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I'm getting ready to post a "year out update" pretty soon; I'm just waiting to get my labs done so I can report on those as well.

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well after the initial discomfort, and that you had lots of good education prior to surgery. I think that makes such an enormous difference, don't you? I get very concerned when I read at WLS websites people who are ready to have -- or worse, have already had -- WLS and are asking very basic questions about what they can eat. Or worse, they're defying doctor's orders without even getting WHY they shouldn't eat steak three days after surgery. It's very scary.

And as they say, it's definitely not brain surgery and there's still a lot of emotional stuff to deal with. I sometimes think I'm sabotaging myself with the things I eat (I don't really dump so I can eat pretty much anything, although I did find out that regular Frappuccinos -- as opposed to the light ones -- are a nono). I have to do a lot of soul searching sometimes to figure out if I'm hungry, why I'm hungry, and why I make some of the choices I make.

Anyhow, I'm glad you updated us. Keep up the good work. I hope you keep feeling good and doing well.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote