View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #16
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I just decided that part of my insecurity stems from the fact that I feel like I have somewhat of a choice to be fat or not and by 'choosing' this, I feel like maybe I'm in the wrong? My lack of motivation to actually eat right and exercise makes me feel inferior somehow.. somewhat, disgusted with myself I guess. I can't really explain myself right now. As a discliamer, I'm not trying to project any message about ALL fat people or anyone at all whatsoever except myself. I realize for a lot of people its genes blah blah. I'm solely representing myself with this. But yeah, I guess part of what makes it difficult to accept is the fact that I feel like I have control over my weight, and I'm not doing anything to change it.

EDIT: Do I need to defend myself though? Why can't I be happy with my 'choice' to not lose weight? I'm not sure if I'm making any sense. Just kind of rambling.
You're making perfect sense.I lived that way for years.Just recently I decided to stop fighting myself,stop calling myself names,quit hating myself for being weak,stop hating myself for being fat,for not being what everyone else wanted me to be.

I just decided to be.I've been beating myself up for twenty years now and I got tired.I'm fat,so what?I don't feel like I have to defend myself anymore.I,for the moment can just be.If happiness and acceptance come from just being,I will be glad but I will still just be.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote