View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #17
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am accepting it. I have always been fat, even when I did lose weight and was 75lbs lighter I was still fat. Would I take the skinny pill if it were offered to me-hell yes! Doesn't mean I don't have a sense of being a fat women, but the reality of the situation is that life would be much easier for me as a thin woman. We all know how society views us and that aspect of discrimination would be gone from my daily life if I were thin. I wouldn't have to fight as hard to be seen as a woman, a professional, and to have my needs met in medical and insurance fields. Not to mention the health benefits from no longer carrying the excess weight. I would not be as pre disposed to Diabetes(prevalant in both maternal and paternal females in the family), arthitis pain would be lesser, high blood pressure might be gone completely etc. That being said, I have made the decision long ago that life is too short not live it. I could be thin if I followed a specific diet and worked out for over an hour each day. But do I want to spend my whole life not eating the things I enjoy, sacrifice time with friends and family for time in the gym? Hell no! I am pleased when I lose a little weight because it means I am that much more healthy. Do I ever think I will be a thin women or do I aspire to that? The simple answer is no. If it were to happen then fine for I really like who I am inside and my beauty and worth comes from that not the package I come in. Right now as I said before alot of folks in society do not see that and truthfully that is their loss. I want to live my life, stay as active as I can, be as healthy as I can and jsut be me. I know inside that I have alot to offer as a friend, partner, youth worker, artist and daughter. Those that do not see me as a woman because I am fat and choose to judge or not take the time to look further and develop a relationship with me because of my weight, aren't worth the time to worry about.
Ruth