View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #19
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like being me.

Whatever size my body happens to be at any given stage in my life is only one of many different things that define who I am. I have been on both ends of the body size spectrum and liked myself just as much at either. If my weight were only a benign physical atrribute, like being tall, or having blue eyes, then it would simply be what it is and I would accept it without a second thought. But since it is not currently benign, I am unable to accept it and am actively working to change it. The size my body is *at this stage in my life* causes me physical pain and makes it impossible to do some of the things that bring me happiness. And I am simply unable to accept that any more than I could accept anything else that took away from my quality of life. Once my weight gets back down to a place where it is no longer taking away from my quality of life, then I will be perfectly accepting of it. Whether that be two pounds less or two hundred pounds less.

Tracy