View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #36
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It looks like a few people touched on it, but I think there's another step too. Accepting it, liking it, and then accepting and becoming COMFORTABLE with the fact that you like it.
It seems like a lot of people can be ok with the idea of a fat person not being uncomfortable with their body, but actually *liking* it? Honey, you're going to have to really defend and stick up for yourself in that battle. Are you ready for it? Time for the big girl pants.
I think this is my biggest issue now. I think i've always LIKED being fat, but it's taking me time to accept the fact that I like it. I feel like not only as a fat person, but as a female in general, that society expects me to be this calorie-counting, poring over vogue, WISHING I could be thin enough to fit into Chanel, obsessing about becoming "perfect."
I think this is the hardest part of the journey. I only have one "real life" friend that i've been open with about my weight and she just doesn't get it. We go out and she obsesses over what she eats, and I just eat what I want. I eat what I want. She knows about Dims, I've shown her around. I've explained everything under the sun. She still doesn't understand. So, how do you get around it? How do you explain, "Well, Actually I don't want to lose weight. Thanks"?
That's the hard part. You're not just defending your body anymore, you're at a point where you're not only defending your body but also defending your interests and WHO YOU ARE.
I am a big girl. I like being a big girl. I got excited as all hell when I noticed I was developing hips. Now, how do I defend myself?