View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #47
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
I'd guess a few reasons:

- what you said
- more probably found Dimensions or other online size acceptance at a younger age, so didn't spend as many years thinking that nobody accepted it.
- our population is fatter, both on average and the portion of people who are rather fat, especially amongst youth, is much higher than it was a couple of decades ago. So young people have grown up probably feeling less out of the norm.
Yeah, that's true. It does concern me that maybe I'm able to accept it now because I don't have very many negative effects, but in the future I feel like I might not be as accepting of myself again, because honestly, there are associated problems. Aches & pains/medical problems does concern me as I get older. I'm only 18, but time flies and I don't want to be in the position where I have to choose WLS just to live a comfortable life. (No offense meant to those who have had WLS, I just don't want to have to use that unless absolutely unavoidably necessary for personal reasons.)
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote