View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #28
Ben from England

Ben from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging inBen from England makes people happy simply by logging in
Default empty life = wrote too much.

Name:Ben
Profession:Bottom rung of media industry/freelancer. Also part-time future oscar winner.
Films: Documentary, specifically direct cinema - Maysels and Wiseman (yes, he counts. None of this 'he's verite' shit from wikipedia.) Italian Neo-realism got me all hot a bothered when I found it. Antonioni, de Sica and Rossellini. Also big fan of social-realism, Mike Leigh and the Dardennes win that catagory (also saw Wendy and Lucy the other day, loved that). Also Jurassic Park, Robocop, Princess Bride (alot) are imbedded into my brain, anything by Altman, the Star Trek with the borg in it (okay, First Contact... I was gonna pretend i didn't remember. I love the one with the whales too. Voyage Home. And when Spock dies in number II I was nearly as sad as I was when Wickett died at the end of Jedi. Traumatized me.) Road to Perdition, Oldboy and about a million more.
Music: Being a white, middle class English lad I find I relate most to mainstream hip hop. NWA, Jay-Z, and good ol Kanye are on my ipod at the mo along with a load of movie soundtracks. Lose points because the occaisional Madonna song creeps on there. I just can't help liking that one where she's all dressed up ridiculously as a cowboy. Get some credability back for being into trip-hop, Tricky, Fluke, Portishead and the like. I talk about them when meeting new people at parties to try and look cool.
Likes: Films - the watching, talking about and making of (specifically the writing and editing parts). Running chills me out. So does reading in the bath. The cinema smells good. Diet Coke is the best, but beer is also good.
Dislikes: Regular Coke. Makes my mouth feel like it's dissolving. Just doesn't taste as good.
About Me: I'm into trip-hop, I like beer more than regular coke but less than diet coke and drink it whilst reading books sitting in a hot bath for hours at a time. Mostly I like films though. And my girl Farmer. I talk to her alot. She's cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n516859832_1639665_6113489.jpg (78.2 KB, 1308 views)
File Type: jpg n540226035_2011440_7259182.jpg (48.3 KB, 1308 views)

Last edited by Observer; 04-10-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Ben from England is offline   Reply With Quote