View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGuy View Post
I have to say, I feel the same way. I realize everyone's relationship with their family is different, but it never would have occurred to me, for a millisecond, to sit down with my dad and be like, "Dad, I have a horrible secret--I like fatties." He wouldn't have cared and it's not like I needed advice about it.

I dunno, I hear this "coming out" thing a lot around here. It strikes me as strange. Like, don't you, at some point, whenever that is, just start dating fat girls and then you're kind of "out?" I'll admit that it's taken me until now, early 30s, to totally be comfortable with it and know that I'll never date thin women again. But I never felt the need to make a grand pronouncement about who I found attractive, either.
Well "Coming out" can mean many things. For me it wasn't so much that I came out in one moment as it was me being true to others about everything. If you would have asked me when I was 12 if I liked fat women, I'd deny it until the cows come home.

Now after nearly 10 years of what my parents thought was just a "Phase," it's gotten to the point that I would never lie about it, and am often willing to educate people on my personal spin on the trait.

As we know, unfortunately, some people do date/shag fat people, yet try to hide it, and that still qualifies as "Closeted" in my book for example. To me, you have to have both.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote