Thread: Italy In A Dish
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

CARBONARA - LAZIO (ROMA)
Ingredients for 4/5 servings:
- 1 lbs spaghetti;
- 0,4 lbs bacon;
- 0,06 lbs pecorino romano (aged goat cheese)
- 2 eggs;
- Salt, pepper;

1) Dice the bacon, and cook with mild fire in a casserole, until it has released its grease;
2) Scramble the eggs in a pot and mix with the grated pecorino, and abundant grinded pepper;
3) Boil the pasta in salted water - IMPORTANT!!!: The pasta must be took away from the fire when it's almost ready, otherwise it will turn into GLUE;
4) Put the pasta in a pot, and mix the bacon with its grease, and add the eggs with pecorino. Mix fastly until the sauce is mixed with the pasta.
Calories per serving: 560
----------------------------------------
VARIATION:
I'm allergic to the egg white, so I'm used to cook it with a difference: Instead of egg white, I use cream. Just separate the white from the yolk. Put the yolk and the grated pecorino in the pot, and add as much cream as you want. This is the "corrected" version. 3,5 oz. of normal cream are 337 calories, more or less.
Calories per serving: around 900 calories.
------------------------------------------
Other suggestions: Adding your favourite oil or butter when cooking the bacon, the calories will go over 1000.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote