View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #13
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think this is a conflict for anyone who has ever had to 'come out'. Not wanting to hide v's not wanted to be treated differently. I think most of the time what happens is that people might feel and treat you differently for a short while after you come out, but when they get used to the idea and see that YOU as a person havn't changed things tend to go back to normal. The treating differently might not be negative either. A lot of people over compensate and will be over nice to you! It all depends of your friends and family and how you feel they will react. I know they reacted badly to a tattoo but sexuality isn;t something you can really chose. I dont think just bringing a girlfriend back and going "oh didn't i tell you i was bi?" would be the best approach..i think bringing it up in a more gentle way might be good. At the end of the day it is your decision whether or not to tell friends family. Personally, i have to get how i'm feeling out there and would feel awful if i had some sort of secret part to myself but then that is just me. I think if you actually had a girlfriend there would be more pressure on you to 'come out' as a lot of people feel uncomfortable being closeted or not being able to be themselves around thier partners friends and family. Do your parents have any gay friends? Maby you could bring up a pretend friend you know that 'came out' and see how they react!! lol. Its difficult i know and i would love to say with utter certainty that of course everything will be fine and of course evryone will accept you and have no problems. This is likely to be the case but sometimes it isn't, so its just a situation you are going to have to gauge for yourself. good luck. We are all here on call if you need any support.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote