View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #37
debz-aka
What does this thing do?

debz-aka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdebz-aka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Food Glorious Food

Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
Name is Debz I live in Portland OR with my amazing husband Steve. I was a baker for 20 years. I am currently unemployed and using the time to work on my screenplays.
Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
I am definitely a foodie. I read cookbook like they are mystery novels (which I love), I spend a lot of time creating recipes, figuring out the perfect menu for dinner party and then worrying that people won't get enough to eat.
Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Chinese food, especially Dim Sum! Love the stuff and it is the perfect occasion to get together with my girlfriends to talk and eat.
What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
I created the Hefe Bun recipe for New Seasons Market in Portland, OR. I created a lot of other recipes, but this is my favorite combining baking and beer, now that is bliss.
Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
I LOVE to cook, I do it to relax. I have seasonal specialties: baked beans during the summer, spanakopita almost any time, chicken soup, the list goes on! Hell I even can all my own jams, make my own pickles...love the whole process of creating food.
Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
Got to admit: it would be food...followed up by thinking about sex...followed up with the perfect post sex snack...I think you get the picture.
debz-aka is offline   Reply With Quote