Thread: Italy In A Dish
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #29
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
I think I'm in love.
Jigen, are you married?
I am, but I can get a divorce if you are cooking the food in those pictures!

Side note: When you tell us Yanks to scramble two eggs, we call scrambled eggs cooking eggs in a skillet that have been broken and stirred up. The eggs are cooked until soft scrambled or hard scrambled and served usually for breakfast with bacon or sausage and toast.

I am pretty sure what you are calling for in your recipes is for two eggs to be "beaten". For that we use a whisk or a fork. For scrambling, we usually cook the eggs alone and it would make them useless for your recipes.
No, I'm not married
Thanks for the tip. I tought "to scramble an egg" was the English term for the Italian "sbattere un uovo": to mix white and yolk with a fork. I am always in need to improve my English. Thanks a lot.
To tell the truth, I never made many of the recipe I posted, because I don't always have the time to cook such elaborated dishes. My mother loves Cassoeula, and she cooks it often, but I cant' stand the smell of cooked cabbage. Her youngest sister is specialized in Tiramisu. She always makes it for the day of the Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix . I can't eat it because of the amound of white egg, which I am allergic to, but I have helped her making it a few times. I have done Knodelns several times. It's a great way to re-use old bread. I can make a pretty good Aglio Olio e Peperoncino. My father would eat them all day.
I love to cook, especially cooking for women, but my cooking have proved to be really fattening for them. They try it, ad their own waistline's peril Too bad all of my female friends are so worried about their weight, even if they're thin. Oh, well. They don't know what they are missing.
Thanks again, Moore. See you soon.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote