Thread: Italy In A Dish
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #33
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS (VENETO)

INGREDIENTS:
17,6 ounces of Clams
10 branches of parsley
1 garlic clove
2 spoons of olive oil
5,6 ounces of spaghetti
A glass of white wine
Rock salt

PRE-PREPARATION:
- First of all, fill a pot with water. Add 1 coffee spoon of rock salt for each liter of water (0,25 gallons).
- Put the clams inside the salted water, and let them rest for 2 hours.

PREPARATON:
- Wash the clams with fresh water;
- Put the washed clams in a pan. Cook at medium fire, and wait for the clams to open;
- Wash the parsley, select the leaves and mince them in small pieces with the skinned garlic;
- In a pan put the oil, the parsley-garlic compound and yellow it at low flame. Don’t let the garlic burn;
- Add clams and wine, and mix carefully. Add 2 spoons of the clams cooking water, add some pepper (if you like it). Let it cook for a few minutes, turn the flame off and cover the pan with its cap;
- Boil the pasta in abundant salted water, and before straining it, put a scoop of the pasta’s water in the seasoning pan, and turn the fire on;
- Strain the pasta (AL DENTE, COME AL SOLITO!!!) and put it in the seasoning’s pan. Mix the pasta and the seasoning, jerking the pan for a few minutes;
- Serve immediately with a little oil and decorate with parsley leaves.

Calories: 420 for each serving.

VIDEO: For the first time, I have decided to post even the video for this recipe at this address - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQdZTOb76A
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jigen1984

ENJOY.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 07-22-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote