Thread: Italy In A Dish
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #37
pjbbwlvr

pjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized rep
Thumbs up

Jigen, Questo Molto Bene, Mi Piacie Spaghetti con Vongole!!
My Italian is rusty but I love spaghetti with clams.
Thank you for posting this recipe! Ciao, Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen View Post
SPAGHETTI WITH CLAMS (VENETO)

INGREDIENTS:
17,6 ounces of Clams
10 branches of parsley
1 garlic clove
2 spoons of olive oil
5,6 ounces of spaghetti
A glass of white wine
Rock salt

PRE-PREPARATION:
- First of all, fill a pot with water. Add 1 coffee spoon of rock salt for each liter of water (0,25 gallons).
- Put the clams inside the salted water, and let them rest for 2 hours.

PREPARATON:
- Wash the clams with fresh water;
- Put the washed clams in a pan. Cook at medium fire, and wait for the clams to open;
- Wash the parsley, select the leaves and mince them in small pieces with the skinned garlic;
- In a pan put the oil, the parsley-garlic compound and yellow it at low flame. Don’t let the garlic burn;
- Add clams and wine, and mix carefully. Add 2 spoons of the clams cooking water, add some pepper (if you like it). Let it cook for a few minutes, turn the flame off and cover the pan with its cap;
- Boil the pasta in abundant salted water, and before straining it, put a scoop of the pasta’s water in the seasoning pan, and turn the fire on;
- Strain the pasta (AL DENTE, COME AL SOLITO!!!) and put it in the seasoning’s pan. Mix the pasta and the seasoning, jerking the pan for a few minutes;
- Serve immediately with a little oil and decorate with parsley leaves.

Calories: 420 for each serving.

VIDEO: For the first time, I have decided to post even the video for this recipe at this address - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQdZTOb76A
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jigen1984

ENJOY.