View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #28
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1. Do you need significantly more calories or find yourself eating more in order to maintain the extra weight?

No. I've always been chunky and throughout my life I have always gained 10 to 15 pounds each year. It was not voluntary. I noticed that for no reason at all I would go through a severe increase in appetite. This usually happend in the fall -- September, October -- and would continue for weeks, sometimes months. Attempts to stop the gain only made my appetite more savage than it was originally. When all was said and done I usually gained about 13 pounds from the incident and the weight never came off despite my appetite's returned to normal. It has been a yearly occurrance to the present day.

2. When actively gaining or maintaining, do you have a bigger food budget or do you choose cheaper but less healthy high-cal foods instead?

I supplemented my food intake with daily treats: A brownie, cookies, ice cream, a milk shake instead of soda, chai tea with heavy cream. I did not change my diet at all other than including one of those simple daily treats. Once I stopped this supplementation my weight usually returned to what it was previously unless the weight gain was a natural occurrance due to the happenstance described above.

3. How often do you feel physically sick after a large meal after the buzz goes away and how do you deal with the sugar crash?

Not very often. My situation is complicated by an unknown food allergy that I am trying to narrow down. This allergic response was triggered once the law forced restaurants to stop using trans fats to prepare food. It is inconclusive at this point though. Because I take small steps that are barely noticeable in the big picture the gain is pretty much straight forward and painless. Including protien with sweets usually does much to stave off sugar crash. A bag of nuts seems to balance things out nicely.

4. Isn't gaining and weight maintainence stressful?

No because the amount of food I eat is normal for me and my weight is normal for me as well. My brother is tall and underweight. He eats more food than I do and is far more indiscriminate in what he eats than I am. His weight never goes up yet my hands and ankles swell just watching him eat a plate of home fries. He *should* weigh what I weigh at the very least but he doesn't. Sometimes it just boils down to what cards we've been dealt in life and we have to make the most of it with what is right for us. The concept of a one size fits all formula is a myth.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 08-15-2009 at 10:41 AM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote