View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I got this from All Recipes and I liked it a lot.

Souvlaki

* 1 lemon, juiced
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
* 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
* skewers

1. In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic; add pork, onions, and green peppers, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread pork, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
3. Lightly oil grate. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning skewers frequently for even cooking.

Tzatziki

I don't use Greek yogurt because it's too expensive in my mind. I just take plain yogurt and put it in a sieve with cheese cloth or paper towels as a lining and let it sit over night with a bowl under to catch the water.

* 16 ounces (2 cups) of thick Greek yogurt
* 4 to 10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup of diced or grated cucumber (Kirby or "English")
* 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Salt to taste

Take the grated cucumber and drain in a dishtowel so it's dry-ish. Mix yogurt and lemon then add the garlic, according to taste, and the cucumber. Stir until evenly distributed.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote