View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

This isn't a recipe as much as a meal suggestion. I started eating 2% low fat, small curd cottage cheese with some fruit in the morning for breakfast and it has helped me greatly reduce my numbers.

The cottage cheese has loads of protein and the fruit is the carb (also my only time to eat fruit mostly) and it lasts as far as hunger. Also, high in calcium.

Some of my personal combos with the cottage cheese are: watermelon chunks, mandarin oranges and red or black grapes.

If you are a bit squeamish about the "sour" taste of cottage cheese you can eat 4% lowfat (which tastes more like ricotta cheese) or to maintain some of the benefit of lowfatness, mix some 2% and some 4%.

I have also found that choosing fresh, crunchy veggies to eat with lunch also help me reduce the amount of carbs that I eat. Plus, you can wash, pre-cut and bag them up to take with you every day.