View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Just posted this in response to what's going down in the Everyday Food Pics thread, but it belongs here moreso:

Believe it or not, you can use cauliflower to make a really good rice substitute...use a blender on some raw (fresh) cauliflower until it gets into rice sized bits. Then put in a dish with a little water, cover and microwave for a couple of minutes. Took me a bit of practice to get it the right texture but it works really well with curry, chilli etc - I served it to my family with some curry dolloped over it and most of them didnt even notice they werent eating white rice. Crazy, but true!
This is true. I use them to make a mashed potato substitute and I love Scalloped Cauliflower.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote