View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

When I was on Atkins, I got very good at making low-carb foods. One thing I noticed was that if I stayed away from the "low-carb" foods like low-carb bread and low-carb pasta, I didn't crave them as much, but as soon as I ate even one serving of these things, it set my cravings for them on fire. My advice is to avoid these things and just get over the cravings, I did.

One of my favorite treats was cauliflower with spinach dip, cauliflower with cheese or butter and a bit of black pepper. I used to make a lot of quiche, burgers in lettuce instead of buns, BACON (as we all know, the candy of the pig) on my salad was a favorite treat, actually, I would just cook bacon for a snack. You can also make instant sugar-free pudding with 1/2 cream and 1/2 water, tastes like mousse. I use a stick blender for that. I even got to like pork rinds with spinach dip. I should be eating low-carb anyhow, I am diabetic, too, but it's soo darn expensive.