View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #33
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
My first year of college I got a job as a cook so I could get free meals. I ended up putting on over 30lbs my freshman year.

Moral of the story: Work as a cook your freshmen year!
I would've LOVED to have been a cook, or known a cook during my first year! Two of my roommates were doing okay, but my one other roommate and I were just scraping by, so our cupboards were pretty empty (our house didn't share food).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
My university residence had an honest to goodness open meal plan....well you only got one of the main course, but as much buns, salads, fruit, desserts, milk, juice, soda (breakfast cereal in the morning) and so forth as you wanted. I put on ten pounds before Canadian Thanksgiving! Then I learned to watch what I was eating more (having never heard of an FFA at the time). None of the other guys around me gained much weight. Quite a number of the young women did, however. I think that a lot of guys at that age have a metabolism that can withstand anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Not in residence or on meal plans then? I went to a university with a fully open meal plan; I put on 12 pounds by Christmas, a friend put on 50 pounds in that time! My son has just started as a frosh in a res with an open meal plan; judging by the guts on many of the residence assistants, the freshman 15+ is pretty comon there...
See, the Universities I've attended have charged a ridiculous amount for residence and for meal plans. It is much more affordable to live off campus and to take the bus to school. I didn't know many of the residence kids because all the friends I made were my neighbours off campus... and the majority of us were pretty well wasting away! There was this one BHM who lived next door to us (I had a boyfriend at the time but I had a huuuge crush on this guy too) but he lost a lot of weight as the year went on.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote