Thread: Italy In A Dish
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 03:21 AM   #74
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Absolutely, unfortunately...I've no clue about some of these ingredients...it may be because I am not cultured enough OR they're just not as abundant here as they are there. In any event, the pictures are fabulous to look at.

Una piccola parte dell'Italia
Probably many ingredients are more typical here than in the US. Ingredients can be switched with others similar. For example, if you can't find Parma Ham, you can use any kind of ham you can find, if you can't find Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano, you're allowed to use parmesan. It's the same problem I experience with Japanese kitchen: I can't find the original ingredients and I can't switch with others without making a totally different dish. However, Italian kitchen allows an infinite range of variations. Just say what you'd like to try, and I'll provide it as soon as I can. Pasta? Rice? Meat? Fish/Shellfish? The only thing I have problem with, is vegetarian kitchen, but I can manage it. Let me know what your favourite dishes are. Eventually, I can give you my MSN contact to speed things up.
Thanks again for your reply. It is much appreciated.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Jigen; 10-25-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote