View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #57
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottobig View Post
I dated a woman, a bit plump, but with an absolutely sexy large hips. As you might suppose from the way I said that, I thought she was hot, and her figure magnificent.

She informed me she was planning to have lipo on her hips, butt, etc. and how much she was looking forward to being "normal". I found this bothered me greatly, and stopped dating her.

Refecting on it, it was not that I felt my opinion should count, but more that she hated a physical feature that I liked so much. The contrast in value/opinion was much bigger (pardon the pun) than the physical issue.

I think it is something that I would handle better today, but it would probably still break the relationship. Of course, we had been dating for a while but not engaged or married, so those relationship bonds were not so strong.

I would have stopped dating her too. If the person you're with doesn't value your opinions, needs, wants, desires than they are not worth being with. I think FAs really need to learn this and stop thinking of themselves as "along for the ride" or irrelevant somehow and that it's all about her. I think maybe a workshop for FAs not settling in a relationship may be needed at a future bash.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote