View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #38
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.
My name is Selena, I'm 32 and I have a 9 yr old son in the 4th grade. I'm from Jersey, born and bred. Single, never married. I have three siblings, a sister (30) and 2 brothers (26 and 28), and a 6 year old nephew (my youngest brother's son). My Mom is a great Mom and the greatest Grandmother EVER, my son just loves her so much. She epitomizes the whole "Grandma's are allowed to spoil the Grandbaby's, that's their job!" deal .

2. Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?
I don't think I'm a "foodie". I learned to cook because I had to (I became a Mommy) and until then had never EVER liked being in the kitchen. I don't cook fancy food but I cook good hearty filling meals and I cook them well. I learned most things from my sister who's definitely a foodie. She loves to cook and went to school for it when she graduated high school. My son was a very very picky eater but when she moved in with us 2 yrs ago she got him to try so many new foods (how she did it I have no idea) and damn near every day he'd run up to me saying "Titi made fried steak, we have to make them!" or "Titi made the best meatballs, please make them for me!" The kid hated pasta and any meat except chicken before she moved in and now he eats whatever I cook for him (and I learned a LOT from her). I enjoy it now because he loves cooking too so we cook together every night and I make it fun for him.

3. Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?
Hell yes - baked ziti in all of its forms. I could eat baked ziti every night, matter of fact last week I had it three nights in a row due to the fresh meal on Wednesday, leftovers on Thursday, and then Friday night we ordered out so I got baked ziti from there as well. Yum.

4. What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?
I am weird when it comes to meat. I eat meat, I can cook it with no problem, but I can not touch raw meat - no way no how. If the blood gets on me or I feel it on my hands I will literally get nauseous and be sick. So, to remedy this I go to the supermarket once or twice a month to get a big supply of meats in the big family size packs and then my Mom (or my sister) will separate everything for me in meal sized portions, put it all in freezer bags and aluminum foil and this way I can just defrost and throw the meat in the pan when it comes time to cook without having to ever touch it. My son loves learning how to cook and isn't afraid to touch raw meat at all so he's the one in charge of making the ground beef into hamburger patties on hamburger night or rolling the meat for meatballs. He's a good little helper.
Also, I love anything that is raspberry flavored, but I hate actual raspberries.

5. Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?
I like to cook when I know I'm going to make someone else happy with the meal. If it's my son's favorite dinner I love how happy he gets and keeps saying how I'm such a good cook and how yummy it is or if I'm dating someone I love cooking for him and making him a nice big home cooked meal with a homemade dessert. I've always been a great baker but nowadays I enjoy cooking an entire meal instead of just the cake at the end. However, if my son is having a Kid Cuisine for dinner that night I'll usually just have a frozen pizza or Stouffer's. I never cook a meal from scratch if it's just for me.
Specialty would have to be baked ziti since I make it so much, or what me and my son call "slop" - we fry boneless chicken cubes with Sazon seasoning, and throw it in a big bowl with yellow corn, yellow rice and small sliced potatoes cooked in a bit of butter and Sazon. It's so so good.

6. Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)
I'm single so it has to be an equal amount of both haha. If I'm dating someone, for sure it is one more than the other! That's as far as I'm going with this one.

Last edited by DitzyBrunette; 11-12-2009 at 09:35 PM.
DitzyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote