View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #40
aussieamazonwoman

aussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesaussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

HI there, I posted in the forum, BEFORE introducing myself - so hi all and great to be here

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Age, locale, work, family, whatever you'd like to share.

My name is K and I'm 36 (37 in a minute or two), I live in Sydney Australia, am single as of about 6 months ago. I currently live alone for the first time in years and selfishly LOVE it. I play piano, guitar, cello and work in the non-profit sector. Love the arts. My "nutty" hobby is astrology which I have studied for about 10 years now.

2. Tell us a bit about your relationship with food. Are you a 'foodie' and, if so, what do you think makes you a foodie?

I reckon I'm a bit of a foodie - spent my childhood on "diets", didn't eat for a while as a young woman. Thing is I have always loved food and totally dig cooking. I refuse to use a microwave.

I really am into GOOD food as in love cooking from scratch, growing my own herbs/veg where possible and personally over-processed food just doesn't do it for me. I do not believe in margarine or skim milk (no offence to anyone else intended). Love French cooking, Greek food, and baking . Have a wheat intolerance thingy going on which really annoys me - so try to avoid wheat where I can but will totally crumble for some good home made butter pastry or a lovely french dessert.

3. Is there a special food, or type of food that would elect you president of its fan club?

Several. Good dark chocolate. Wild Salmon. Rocket (as in the green bitter leaf), love it. Extra virgin olive oil. Good cheese. Good wine.

4. What is the freakiest or most fun food fact about you?

I once spent an entire day in Zurich, Switzerland looking for the Lindt chocolate factory. And I got completely lost and NEVER found it. I compensated by going to a local supermarket and finding dark lindt chocolate wih a cointreau centre and buying LOTS.

5. Do you like to cook? Do you have a dish or dishes you consider your specialties?

Love to cook.

Whole baked trout with shallots, ginger and white wine
Tiramisu
Roast Lamb with garlic and mint
Thai food
Clarfoute (a french dessert involving berries/cherries or fruit and a light pancake batter thing)

6. Do you think more about food or sex? (this might help with the "are you a foodie" question, above)

Hmmmmm......probably sex.

Last edited by aussieamazonwoman; 12-08-2009 at 06:24 AM.
aussieamazonwoman is offline   Reply With Quote