Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

As far as the no choice in the matter goes, being trans, I believe there is no choice. It takes time and introspection to realize what you are/aren't. It may take someone 25-50 years and someone may figure it out way before that, but I don't really believe being trans is a choice. However, action to address the inherent Gender Identity Disorder is a choice.

The way I have seen it, there are people who do nothing out of fear, self-issues and commitments, among other reasons. That was not meant to be a blanket statement, a pejorative remark or anything remotely derogative.

I don't subscribe to the idea of "all-woman" or "all-man", and believe that gender isn't completely binary but rather more fluid. I identify as female, but that doesn't mean there isn't stuff I like and dislike about it. There were things I liked about being male as well. However, I feel happier where I am than where I was. Some people are non-op for reasons other than money or opportunity, they may be comfortable with their genetalia.

However, if I didn't like what I've done, I'd be mad about all the money and anguish I've been through. Laser and electrolysis is a bitch and a half. I also am at a point where I could have someone punch me in the boob and kick me in the nuts. Yeah for me.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote