Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

In my human sexuality class that I'm currently taking my professor drew a line with two arrows and wrote "woman" at one end and "man" at the other. Basically what he told us is that there are very, very few people who are 100% male gendered or 100% female gendered, that although most of us are mostly one or the other and identify as one or the other, we are all somewhere on the continuum. In my experiences, I find this to be true. Personally, I identify almost completely with being a woman and find great comfort in my skin as a woman but that doesn't stop me from identifying, on occasion, in regard to certain things, to masculinity or things associated with men.

Somewhat unrelated, but to add on to the thing about bi friends looking out for men.. I do exactly that. I specifically attempt to form relationships with men only, although I do think I could be in a long-term relationship with a woman (and would consider it, if the right woman happened to be in my life) simply because it is the easier thing to do. I'm not proud of the choice, but at this point in my life it makes the most sense for me personally.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote