Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 AM   #11
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangs View Post
I agree with the above image.

I can't tell you how many times I've gender changed mid-masturbation. Sometimes I'm a man the whole way through. I'm truly bisexual in the sense that I might start off with being attracted to a man/woman, but I won't really even know what gender/person will end up getting me off in the end.

Quite a blunt post from my part, but I hope that helps others be ok with "being blurry".

The one thing that is *always* constant is fat. Maybe it's just a pudgy belly - maybe it's almost 400lbs. There will always be a tummy, ass, boobs, etc fixation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Same here.
Thirded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
I've been thinking about gender identity a lot lately, so yay for mergirl reading my mind and posting this!
This was no mind reading feat.. you implanted thoughts as well you know!! Grrr!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I think many people who would fit this concept call themselves gender benders or gender queer (at least, I consider myself gender queer). I don't know that I would use the phrase 'bi-gendered' because I think the focus on twos shores up the illusory idea that there are only two genders, and that one should fit completely on one side or the other of that pair. I guess I've read too much Judith Butler or Jacques Derrida.
I guess i just used the term 'bi-gendered', as i would 'bi-sexual' -In the way that there is a spectrum but the bi bit is in regards to the two points at either end. I always thought 'bi-sexual' was a very wide term, but i suppose it is between two points, so i see the 'bi' part in regards to that. Though, actually, i do prefer queer and gender queer.

Do you think there is a co-relation between certain gender stereotypes and sexuality?
ie. That more gay men that straight prefer converation based tasks as opposed to manual ones or that gay women prefer to wear trousers than dresses? (hu..those were the only examples i cold think of!!).
I know that there is a lot of diversity and that people are different. I dont like to generalise but i have noticed that my friends that veer more to the gay side of the spectrum prefer things that are non gendertyped and those who veer more towards the hetro prefer gender stereotyped things. I find this interesting, as it goes against a lot of the things i have learned about gender development. Obviously, we have our mainly straight guys who like to wear dresses and mostly straight woman who have a toy truck collection. Is this the minority or something we just think/are told is the minority? Perhaps there are a lot of people who repress non gender-typed behaviour until it becomes impossible to supress?? I think this becomes more so for men as there is less leway on what is deemed acceptable for a male to do as far as expressing 'feminine' traits goes.