View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #39
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_der_man View Post
You do have a good point Bexy... I think stating it in terms of "coming out as a FA" can be an inexact way to put it. In many cases it's simply realizing that one is a FA. This thread does also have overlap with other threads discussing when one came to terms or simply realized they were a FA. I think (certainly in my case...) "coming out" as a FA is often times synonymous with "realizing" that one is a FA. There doesn't have to be any sort of "day of reckoning", or big epiphany that takes place. At some point in their lives a person can simply realize that they are attracted to fat people... and that's all there is to it.
That's the nail on the head.

Although I do recall an instance where I was "outed" by a female cross country runner whom I worked with.

We had been friends for about three months and been hanging out after work and generally just getting along as two coworkers that fall into friendship do when out of nowhere her boy friend breaks up with her so he can get back together with his ex.

She calls me in distress, sobbing, and as I'm consoling her she sniffles a little and asks, "Do you want to start dating?".

With out missing a beat I casually said, "Nah, I'm cool."

She stopped sobbing instantly.

"Why not?"

"I like fat girls."

Awkward silence.

"REALLY?!"

"Hell yeah."

She burst up laughing.