Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
It took me some time to get back to this thread, and mergirl, your question about gender variance and sexuality is an interesting one, for sure. I've felt for a long time that my sexuality is exactly how it is because of my gender presentation. I think if I never had to question my gender when I was a child, and to have struggled with feeling a disconnect between what gender I wanted to be, and what gender I was born as, then I feel it would be probable that I'd be straight.

There's no way to 'know' this, but I do know that the narrative of my understanding of my sexuality doesn't match those given by people who feel that they were 'born' gay. Plus, well, I'm bi, and I wonder if bisexual people feel they were 'born that way' in the same ways that a lot of gay and lesbian people talk about.
This reminds me of the bit in 'but i'm a cheerleader' when the butch girl with the shaved head and skater clothes is crying and yelling "but i like cock!!"..
I was more gender identified as a male i suppose when i was younger..i'm not sure if this affected my sexuality. My sexuality and gender identity is very fluid and there are times when i am more into men than others (i always prefer women i would say though)- I'm not sure if this matches up with when i am feeling more feminine or masculine.. perhaps i should take notes! lol. hmm..
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. lots to wonder about. Arn't humans interesting wee beasties?!