View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #64
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam View Post
The sticking point for me (aside from the personal relationship issues I mentioned) is discussing something so sexualized as explicit preferences; it's not something I'm willing to state in front of everyone, and in part that's because (a) there's an element of objectification involved, and (b) that level of specificity honestly doesn't hold: I date/love/am attracted to individuals, and that is of course shaped by so much more than body type.
Just to clarify, this is not what most of us are looking for in an "uncloseted" FA. I certainly don't expect a man to wear to wear a "Yay! Fat chicks!" t-shirt when we go to the movies (and would actually be pretty mortified if he did; being made into a spectacle isn't my idea of a good time), nor do I expect him to explain to the people in his life in detail why he finds fatties attractive. I don't think anyone should have to explain their (legal) sexual preferences to anyone else, and someone demanding any such explanation (beyond, perhaps, mild curiosity/trying to better understand) is pretty much being a dick. I say all this because I do seem to periodically see this misconception that an open FA is expected to preach the bible of fatness to everyone he meets, indiscriminately and loudly. Not so. Life your live, do your thing, if you (the general you, not just you, Liam) meet a fat girl you want to date, do it and treat her well. Introduce her to your friends and family, hold her hand proudly when out on dates, and never ever ever make her feel like she's something to be hidden in, well, a closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam View Post
But I certainly would be open about dating a bbw individually and defending her against abuse in any and all forms.
Bingo.