Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, thanks for posting DameQ. Its interesting that even those who don't actually ever feel the need to become another gender still have gender confusion to an extent. I guess part of what you are describing is gender-typed confusion as a reaction to something.
I try to think if there is anything i was trying to rebel against when i cryed when i had to wear dresses and loved dressing boyish and climbing trees etc. I wonder if on some level i was rejecting femininity because i knew somehow that i was queer, on some level, even from a very young age. I wonder if a part of me saw what 'types' dated women and somehow assimilated myself to be more like this.
I think it can work in different ways for different people. I know some quite 'butch' women who have told me they were bi but that it was easier for them to identify as lesbian. I was friends with a woman who had a beard and was bi but said that only lesbians would date her. I guess this throws up lots more questions really but it is interesting.