View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Time to give my own answer, I suppose.

In short: No.

In long.....

First of all, I should mention that when I was still fairly young I worried that fantasizing about people I knew, or about myself in certain situations, could influence my behavior without me realizing it, so I decided to do all my fantasizing using made up characters and situations (OK, some of them will have some resemblance to myself or to real people, but they are still clearly someone different in my head). So obviously my fantasies could not become real in the specific.

But looking at the more general sense of my fantasies, the core themes of at least some of my fantasies could happen in my life (with varying degrees of disruption). However I'm generally a pretty moderate person, heck I even used the quote "Moderation in all things, including moderation" in my high school yearbook, which is not normally the most moderate time of one's life! Despite, or possibly because of that, my fantasies tend to feature a lack of moderation. In fact the key point for me in most of them is when the key character realizes their degree of immoderation....then carries on if not re-doubles what they do. Or to sum them up another way "Too much.....is just enough, or maybe just the beginning."

So to a large extent in my case the question is, would I want to give up my moderate approach to life? I think the most I could say is that at times I wish I was a person who was.....but I don't think it would really work for me.