Thread: bi-gendered?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #38
lozonloz

lozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going on

I have issues with the bi-gender phenomenon in that I'm not sure I understand it, or myself in relation to it.

I have known about my bisexuality from a young age (I had a crush on a boy and a girl at the same time just after I started high school), and have "dated" both men and women but generally I have issues making romantic contact with women as I have never really got involved in LGBT culture. I have gay friends, but no lesbian ones, and when a straight friend asked me if I identified first with the LGBT or the FA/BBW community I immediately said it was the latter. I just feel more involved and more accepted here, which means I know a reasonable amount about this facet of my sexuality but much less about my identity as a bisexual and where I stand.

When I HAVE met women who are interested in me it becomes clear very quickly that this isnt going to work out because they see me as butch. I dont see myself as butch.

I rarely wear skirts or dresses (in fact almost never) because I find jeans and t-shirts more comfy, and when I put my hair up and wear a hat, I guess I could look butch... and I loathe using makeup every day and only wear it when I get dolled up.

But... I don't want to be the "guy", I like being a woman. I feel like a woman. I like being treated like a woman... I like getting dressed up in my corsets and jewellry and makeup and dressing up my hair and wearing my high heels when I go out and having people tell me I'm georgeous (bit arrogant I know, but I dont get dressed up alot so I milk it when I do). I like to challenge and be challenged in a friendships and romantic encounters but I'm not a dominant personality....

How can I put it? It's like I like to playfight, and I like to playfight ALOT, but I expect to get overpowered at the end and pushed up against a wall for some steamy activity. I don't want to be the one doing the overpowering...

Actually I think there's some Dom/Sub stuff mixed up in the gender indentity that I need to sort out, but I've never had a partner willing to explore that with me either. Gr.

Any advice? I'm not sure where I stand on the gender identity front... I'd say I'm femme, and that it's sometimes fairly aggravating to be taken as butch, possibly being a large woman having something of a factor in that.

Then the whole thing gets more complicated by the fact that I'm attracted to feminine women and masculine men. Androdgeny doesnt do it for me... *sigh* I find it amusing that I'm secure in that I embrace my sexuality as a large woman and I am secure in the knowledge that I am attracted to both men and women but have yet to figure out the rest of the framework...