View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #33
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I made contact with a guy through the Dims Matching System. He sent me this nutty diatribe about what he wanted in a woman, and what he thought relationships should be like, etc. etc. And it was ... a manifesto. It was SCREENS long with parts EMPHASIZED LIKE THIS and about 400 parenthetical qualifiers (like this, explaining everything he said down to the a super granular level) and on and on. He was a MARINE and he felt it was IMPORTANT (in that this is how it should be) for the MAN to be the MAN (namely, the head of the household) and the WOMAN to be the WOMAN (namely, important in her own right, but not more important than the husband) and blah blah blah blah blah. It went on like that for PAGES.

I was honestly frightened of him. He did veer into the 'I am trained to use weapons' and 'I will not be pushed around' rhetoric that's NOT charming. The whole thing screamed Michigan Militia and I was sad he had my email address.
ROTF--did he mention that he knew 200 ways to kill people and one of them was being a colossal bore?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote