View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #49
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobettiepurple View Post
Perhaps its because of who I am or where I am from, but Los Angeles isn't as superficial as people say. Perhaps its because I am Mexican and I come from a hispanic background where body types aren't as focused upon, but Los Angeles isn't a terrible place. I just wanted to say that!
I think your ethnicity and culture plays a large part in your experience of LA. It's not a terrible place, overall, I agree, but as a fat white woman who didn't grow up here but chose to move here on my own, my experience has been very different. LA hasn't been a fat-friendly place for me and I think it can sometimes be an unfriendly place for a lot of people who move here from other locations. A former co-worker of mine from northern Cali, a very tall, thin, athletically-built woman with long, curly strawberry blonde hair couldn't find a partner here after years of looking, and you'd think with her 'socially acceptable' body shape, she'd have it easier. She just kept meeting a lot of flaky men, or guys just looking for a casual hook-up. She finally met a guy in Wisconsin who seemed to like her for who she was and moved there to continue her relationship with him. Last I heard, things were going great with them. If I could handle the cold, snow and extremely humid summers, I'd go to Wisconsin in a heartbeat. But I'm looking for more temperate climes and will hopefully find one that's not LA in the near future.