View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #57
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Well, I think you'll see diet ads on billboards in most major cities. That's kind of par for the course. For me, it has more to do with the attitude of most guys I've met here...at least the white guys. They just don't want to date fat women, or at least consider having a long-term relationship with one. We're ok for a one night stand or occasional booty call, but they're not interested in much else, at least in my experience. Most black and Hispanic guys in LA (not all, but most, from my experience) have no problem dating fat women. I've dated some but usually find that we don't share a lot of cultural interests, which really doesn't lend itself to a serious relationship.

I just have to keep telling myself that I'll find the right guy some day. I sincerely doubt I'll find him in LA, but I'm trying to keep my options open. As soon as the economy's more stable, I'd like to find a new place to call home. But until that happens, I just have to work with what I've got.
I stayed in LA for a couple of weeks... Struck me as a place people went to earn money, rather than to really *live* life....