View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #106
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieforever View Post
Hiya Rebecca,
Just wanted to say that I have nothing but respect for your celibacy. Today's society is all sex, sex and yes, you guessed it - more sex! I am no prude by any means, I enjoy making love regularly as possible. Society has an unwritten law that: if you're not having sex then you must appear to LOOK like sex at all times - ready to drop your knickers at a seconds notice! What I am asking is don't you get a little miffed or angry at a sex obsessed culture when you are abstaining? I would. I guess I would crave something a little "deeper". I had a close male friend who was, and I am sure still is, celibate as although he was gay, he didn't want to engage in the sexual act. It done very little for him. I found him deeply refreshing and his whole agenda and "concept of being" was radically different to any of my other friends

Do you face questioning and some adversity to your lifestyle choice by others? I think you show great strength of character.
To be honest, I don't think many people assume I'm supposed to be sexual--not only am I fat, I don't really follow the rules of what's supposed to be feminine. So I think people are more shocked when they find out that I'm actually a very sexual being. Sometimes, I think they believe I'm celibate because I can't get laid anyway. Sometimes, I think they just listen to my reasons and accept them.

Also, my reasons for celibacy aren't that noble: I'm not offended by the sexualized nature of the world, not really. Sometimes it's a bit much, but I'm a fan of sex and sexuality. When I was growing up, I wanted to be a sex therapist, but I didn't know they were even real back then. My reason for being celibate is simple: I don't seem to be able to balance things in my life AND sex. When I put sex in the mix, things get spun way out of proportion and I go and mess everything up.

At the end of the day, it's just easier for me to concentrate on the things I have to do. Still, I'm a terrible flirt. I'm also kind of a pervert. So, sex is never completely gone from my life--I just don't tend to invite other people in on it. At least not for now.