View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
FWIW, so can fat people in most places/situations (get fired withour repercussions). They also get shit on in job interviews and in promotions, and its happened to me.

I guess I'm playing oppression olympics here, so let me be clear, I'm not trying to invalidate anyone's experiences. As a fat genderqueer myself, I struggle with both forms of discrimination in the workplace (and other places), so I never know how much of my treatment is because of one or the other.

As to the OP, well, yes, I do date a trans person, and it is great.
I'm not trying to argue either. I like the term you used "oppression olympics", not for any reason other than it is funny. I've said it before, we generally carry a torch for what is close to us. That aside, I'm going to stop posting about this stuff because it seems like I'm playing the victim when I post on this forum and I hate when people do that. Sorry cors for the thread derail, and anyone who wants to continue this, reply, etc; pm me and leave this thread clearer.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote