View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #16
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

At 43 years of age, I was having a hard time finding men who were my age to date. For me it was hard to let go of my ideals and think about dating someone younger. I have in the recent past few years dated a couple of men who were a bit younger than I am--the youngest one being 26. Honestly, at first I felt awkward going out with someone that young. I didn't think we could have all that much in common but he was educated, mature, thoughtful, considerate, attentive and funny. If he lived a bit closer to where I live I think we'd still be dating. After one hour of talking I didn't feel the age difference as much anymore.

That being said, I USUALLY like to date men who are closer to my own age. The most recent person I was interested in was 46 (but he says 38 on one of his his profiles). He turned out to be more immature than the 26 year old that I previously dated. The biggest problem I have is that most men whom are close to my age are already taken or live too far away for anything to happen with. Long distance relationships are hard. I have found that the men who are interested in me are in the "too young" age bracket or the "too old" age bracket. When I asked a gentleman friend about the reason that I cannot find someone my own age, his response was..."the younger guys want to date you cos they see what they want and are brazen enough go after it but they haven't a clue as to what to do with you once they've caught you. The older men want to date you cos they've been through it all before and now realize what they like...and the men whom are your age are ALREADY in relationships. That's why you can't find one who is your own age."
That made perfect sense to me but also made me a little sad.

Last edited by Lovelyone; 10-07-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Lovelyone is offline   Reply With Quote